Singin'in the RainSingin' in the Rain
Recommended byChristophe Gans, Ira Sachs, Céline Sciamma, Joachim Trier, William Friedkin, Claude Lelouch, John Woo, Agnès Jaoui, Riad Sattouf, Damien Chazelle, Paul Vecchiali, Pete Docter, Patrice Leconte
The film"s page
Set during the advent of "talkies," Don Lockwood (Kelly) has risen to stardom during Hollywood's silent-movie era—paired with the beautiful, jealous and dumb Lina Lamont (Jean Hagen in her Oscar-nominated performance). And when Lockwood becomes attracted to young studio singer Kathy Selden (Reynolds), Lamont has her fired.
But with the introduction of talking pictures, Lockwood finds his career in jeopardy after audiences laugh when they hear Lamont speak in her shrill voice for the first time until the studio decides to use Selden to dub her voice.
- Production Compagny : Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM)
- Distributor : Warner Bros.
- Scenario : Betty Comden, Adolph Green
- Photo Director : Harold Rosson
- Set Decoration : Jacques Mapes, Edwin B. Willis
- Costume Design : Walter Plunkett
- Sound Recorder : Douglas Shearer
- Editing : Adrienne Fazan
- Original Music : Nacio Herb Brown, Lennie Hayton, Roger Edens
- Producer : Arthur Freed
- Director : Gene Kelly, Stanley Donen
- Printed format : 35 mm
- Sound mix : Stéréo 2.0
- Year of production : 1952
- French release date : 11 septembre 1953
- Category : Feature film
- Color : Colors
- Language : English
By the same director
From the same yearSee complete list
With the same cast
Gene KellySee complete list
Cyd CharisseSee complete list
This film is recommended by
This film is part of the Cinematographic movement
"L’âge d’or des studios américains "